this animation its sooo cool! by the end: what's next? animation vs lol?
i love this game, goes a little repetitive over time but it was really entertaining to play taking a solid combat system from darksouls, just one little complain, while running, if you stop suddently, the character keeps moving for a while but without any animations, so it looks like you are in ice all the time,a slide animation for that should fix it but again, just a little complain, awesome game dude
Thanks for that feedback. It's good to see thought out comments like that.
hey, good game dude, i had a really good time while playing it but i feel like something is missing, like there is some content that you guys just didn't add in time, so to make this game even better, i'll place some things this game need ASAP
1) more enemies and some extra work on AI: the game is fast paced as the tag list says, but after playing a few minutes, its always the same, enemies coming from both directions and charging towards the player, some are bigger, they wear different weapons and some are smaller and faster, some of them even jump, but that's it, after all, they goes with the same strategy, i'd apreciate an upgrade in the enemy AI
2)more weapons: there are many weapons to use and all of them are unique and offers a new way to play the game, but is just not enough, 10 minutes of gameplay and i've seen all the weapons this game has, besides the ranged weapons are too weak, they seem interesting but they are no match for the huge waves of late game, and we have a little amount of them, we don't even have a bow and a quiver, may we have a little rebalance here?
3) make the weapons enemies wear actually make a difference: its a good detail that enemies wear random weapons but its weird to see my character wearing a weapon that poisons enemies and then see an enemy with the same weapon but not poisoning me, thats just a little detail but it would be amazing that kind of detail, makes you feel you are facing an interesting challenge and could even add a "strategy" flavor to the recipe
well, just things to have in mind for future updates, somethings that i'd love to see on this game, and pleaso don't missunderstand me, i loved the game, is not an original concept but its well executed and entertaining, but a little work on some areas could make the game even better, cheers to the team
Hello, and thanks for the in-depth feedback! Very appreciated! Some of the things that you mentioned have been considered already, and we still have then in mind. Hoping that we don't end up sounding that we're making up excuses, let's go point by point.
1) There were a few ideas for enemies with different behavior, but since we had already extended our deadline a few times, we had to cut some stuff (in this case, we prioritized game modes and unlockable characters). If we come back to Colossorama when our other projects are done, enemies that force the player to adapt are a priority.
2) Balancing both the appearance of weapons and how effective they are on their own has been one of our challenges. With the current system and enemies, adding strong ranged weapons would make the game too easy, so staves work more as secondary. New features like enemies mean having to rebalance a lot of things (like, in the previous build, we added lifesteal, and someone got a few thousand kills by using only maces. We've nerfed it since).
However, yes, we agree that stuff like bows could be a welcome addition. It's a matter of adding them along other features to prevent some weapons being too strong with others being too weak. Firing from a distance is a tremendous asset for the player, and we'll see how to expand on that.
3) Same as with point 2, it's a matter of balancing everything as a whole. An early build had a problem of being too hard because there was no healing. Another made it too easy by adding said life draining. We haven't really proven the effect of letting the enemy use said effects for their own benefit. With your feedback (this one is actually one we haven't heard before), we'll discuss removing weapons that would make the player think they'll get a status debuff.
Agreeing with your first point, we'd rather add more unique enemies that affect gameplay than add more power to the same enemies. Giving them poison or life drain would make the game harder, but not more fun. Enemies that explode or make projectiles rain from the sky would have a more meaningful impact.
Thanks again for the feedback. This is one of our first projects, and it's come a long way thanks to people like you that give us such detailed comments. We'll be discussing these internally, and next time that Colossorama is due a good tweak, we hope to have thoroughly addressed some of these points of opportunity. Cheers!
really interesting, since you are one of my favorite artist/game dev. its really interesting to see how was your 8 years old drawing book like, my favorite was definitely iron man, but that mixture betwen parasect and gloom was nice too
dynamix papu :v
wow , I loved it , this is the tenth time I 'm listening
I like it but its a little bit repetitive making this song some boring but its a good song after all, keep going
Glad you liked it!
uhhh, no... not anymore...
ITS PERFECT, i love the shadows and glow effect you gave to the pic, 5S
nice animation dude, i would like this art style ina rpg game, take all of my stars, you earned it!!!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.